Exact Shaping (optional)
OK, now is the time to sand or Bondo the flares, if you want to get the most exact fit.
26. Use a sanding block or electric sander to gradually sand away the fiberglass on the flare, where needed.
27.If you want to fill in a gap between the flare and the body, remove the W-Max Fender Flare, and use masking tape to cover the body behind the part of the flare where you’re working. Make sure the tape follows the shape of the body exactly.
Hold in place until the filler is rigid, and the pull the flare away from the tape. The body filler should stick to the fiberglass on the flare, but pull away from the masking tape without much difficulty.
29. Sand any uneven spots on the body filler with a sanding block.
Once the shaping is done, we recommend you leave the flares off until they’re painted, but whenever it is you bolt them on, DO NOT over-tighten the nuts!
Sealing, Painting, and Mounting
33. Before painting your M-Max Fender Flares, sand the entire outside with 220-grit sandpaper, until the whole surface is a lighter, dull gray.
34. Paint or cover your M-Max Fender Flares as you wish. Your buddy might have a crazy idea, but here at Notch Customs, we think matching it to your vehicle looks the best.
35. Mount your fender flares, using the rubber washers and nylon lock nuts included with your M-Max Fender Flares (11mm wrench).
Again, DO NOT over-tighten the nuts! As you tighten the nuts, try to spin the washer with your fingers. Once the washer is snug, and you cannot spin it by hand, the nylon locking nuts will hold securely. Over-tightening may warp your body, or break the bolt loose from the flare.
36. Replace your door panels and trunk panels.
Now your Jeep should look about this awesome:
Sweet! Now send us YOUR photos!
Tell your buddy to get some pictures of you with your new M-Max Fender Flares, and send them to us We want to see your build, and you may end up featured on our website!
Any comments or suggestions?
We’d love to keep improving our products
and instructions for future customers. Send us a message and let us know